Peer Support Specialist
Community Alliance Omaha, NE
The Peer Support Specialist works under the direction and supervision of the Peer Support Supervisor and program-specific Division Manager and as part of a collaborative team, contributing his/her lived experience, perspective, knowledge, and skills to the rehabilitative and recovery process.
Individuals employed in this position are responsible for role modeling resiliency and recovery, and performing a wide range of tasks to assist and support persons served in directing their own lives and personal recovery process. The Peer Support Specialist also contributes to the maintenance of a safe, supportive, and welcoming environment for persons participating in services and for promoting personal safety practices and skills within the community.
- Self-identified as a current or former recipient of professional behavioral health services which has led toward recovery from a mental illness and/or co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorder. You must specifically address that you meet this minimum qualification at the time of application to be considered.
- High school diploma/GED required; post-secondary education preferred.
- Trained in WRAP and demonstrated effective utilization of personal recovery plan.
- Successful completion of recognized peer support training program and relevant practicum/internship.
- State certification as peer specialist or the ability to successfully obtain certification within 6 months.
- Demonstrated successful full or part time, paid or voluntary work experience within the past twelve (12) months.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and reliable transportation, or ability to arrange for reliable transportation.
| Date Posted
July 5, 2018
| Date Closes
August 4, 2018
4001 Leavenworth St.
| Located In
| Job Type
24 hours per week; 8:30-5:00
| SOC Category
21-1014.00 Mental Health Counselors
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Same-Sex)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Professional Liability
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Casual Dress
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Parking
- Health Fair
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Unpaid Leaves of Absence
- Merit Increases
This job is related other jobs in these career categories