Peer Support Specialist
Community Alliance Omaha, NE
The Peer Support Specialist works under the direction and supervision of the Peer Support Supervisor and program-specific Division Manager and as part of a collaborative team, contributing his/her lived experience, perspective, knowledge, and skills to the rehabilitative and recovery process.
Individuals employed in this position are responsible for role modeling resiliency and recovery, and performing a wide range of tasks to assist and support persons served in directing their own lives and personal recovery process. The Peer Support Specialist also contributes to the maintenance of a safe, supportive, and welcoming environment for persons participating in services and for promoting personal safety practices and skills within the community.
- Self-identified as a current or former recipient of professional behavioral health services which has led toward recovery from a mental illness and/or co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorder. You must specifically address that you meet this minimum qualification at the time of application to be considered.
- High school diploma/GED required; post-secondary education preferred.
- Trained in WRAP and demonstrated effective utilization of personal recovery plan.
- Successful completion of recognized peer support training program and relevant practicum/internship.
- State certification as peer specialist or the ability to successfully obtain certification within 6 months.
- Demonstrated successful full or part time, paid or voluntary work experience within the past twelve (12) months.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and reliable transportation, or ability to arrange for reliable transportation.
| Date Posted
September 8, 2017
| Date Closes
October 8, 2017
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category
21-1014.00 Mental Health Counselors
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
This job is related other jobs in these career categories