System Analysis and Design
- Collaborates with Agile Delivery team, Product Owner and Solution Management in designing and creating solutions that meets customer needs.
- Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- Creates technical specifications and coding logic flowcharts in compliance with secure coding standards.
- Supports the business and technical requirements definition and documentation in compliance to Lean-Agile development standards.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
System Coding, Testing and Implementation
- Writes clean well thought out design and code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, and maintainability.
- Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, code review, implement, and maintain application software while focusing on best practice application security throughout the code life-cycle.
- Communicates effectively and partners well with other disciplines of the Agile team to deliver high quality solutions from vision to deployment and long term solution stability.
- Showcase completed features/stories to IT and Business Stakeholders at the end of each Sprint.
- Delivers high-quality systems to clients, focusing on customer satisfaction and client relationships.
- Follows coding standards and ensures compliance through team development and code reviews.
- Confirms program compliance to operational standards by conducting system testing; verifying program sequence and evaluating coding.
- Administers critical analysis of system test results ensuring delivery of high quality, performance based solutions.
- Generates statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Develops and maintains documentation including technical documents, design documents, user manuals and guidelines.
- Recommends, designs and implements software improvements and system upgrades.
- Participates in building high-quality multi-system platforms with software implementation best practices and effective use of programming resources.
- Participates in technology opportunities above and beyond required training.
- Mentors developers within the team through knowledge-sharing presentations and both formal and informal training programs.
- Works with vendors to help ensure efficient implementation/integration of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
- Collaborates with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to ensure proper resolution of applications/systems issues.
- Designs, runs and monitors applications/systems performance for the purposes of process improvement, error correction, isolating potential issues, and system debugging.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years Object Oriented programming experience in Java, PeopleCode, Apex or equivalent.
- Experience with PeopleTools, Salesforce Tools, SQR, Test Framework, Automation and Monitoring, Web Services, SQL and Oracle.
- Experience with Agile Development, BDD/ATDD, or related agility lifecycle methodologies is required.
- Ability to learn new concepts, adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, presentation, and documentation skills.
- Self-starter, accountable, independent, and can mentor developers within the team.
- Knowledge of Blackboard or Higher Education applications desired.
- On-call production support.
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information, provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf, provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.