Primary Function: This position is primarily responsible for assisting with the appearance of Athletic Department facilities (weight room and gym). General duties include, but are not limited to, daily cleanliness of facilities, assisting with game/event operations, game/event set-up and tear down, cleaning after games/events, and closing of facilities.
- Empty trashcans from common areas and offices; dry and wet mop gym lobby, concessions area, and weight room facility kitchen; vacuum conference rooms, offices, hallways, weight room; use Zamboni on gym court; clean interior windows; clean bleachers after games; clean basketball backboards; clean laundry room/empty laundry lint trap; clean weight room facility and wipe down weight room equipment
- Assist in setting up for games/events ensuring lobby/gym are presentable and safe for athletes, visitors, and staff; work gate; operate camera, scoreboard, and music; public address announcing; ball shagging; clean-up after games; operate concessions to include making, selling, restocking food and beverages, keep equipment/counters/floors cleaned
- Close facility ensuring building is empty and locked
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong attention to detail, good organizational skills with the ability to ensure accurate work.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality regarding employee/student-related information.
- Ability to work independently, but as part of team concept.
- Works in a loud environment.
- Constant bending, kneeling, crouching, walking, and lifting
- Required to work with cleaning chemicals on a regular basis
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information, provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf, provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.