Primary Function: The Lab Attendants are responsible for providing assistance to faculty, staff and students that use the Computer Lab, the Math Lab, and the classrooms in the Lozier campus. This individual will also assist the Manager of Lab Attendants and perform procedures under his direction necessary to ensure the availability of computer resources for students, staff, and faculty. This position requires direct contact with faculty, staff, and students at Bellevue University.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures everyone signs in before using the Computer Lab
- Provide hardware/software support to faculty, staff, and students.
- Assist Students in the computer lab that are having computer related problems.
- Assist faculty members that are having computer related problems
- Troubleshoot and repair minor software/hardware problems in the classrooms and computer lab, and if unable to resolve the problem, report the problem to the Service Desk.
- Change printer toner cartridges as needed.
- Answer incoming calls to the Computer Lab.
- Morning Lab Attendants are to boot up all computers and ensure that they are logged on properly to the Network.
- Ensure the Computer Lab is kept orderly at all times by pushing the chairs under the desks, and that all paper waste is thrown in the trash.
- Fill printers with paper on an as needed basis.
- Evening Lab Attendants will ensure that all computers in the Labs and Classrooms are properly shut down and that the building is secure before leaving for the evening.
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High school diploma required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office products i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint; Windows Operating Systems to include WIN 10, and MAC Operating Systems.
- Experience with network printers and basic LAN environment.
- Excellent customer services skills with strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are required to effectively communicate with faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrates a high degree of problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to make sound and accurate decisions.
- Works in normal office environment.
- Occasional standing, walking, bending, and other movements with upper body.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Bellevue University, the largest private, non-profit university in Nebraska, is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly one million residents. Forbes has ranked Omaha as the nation’s most affordable place to live (2011), one of the top ten fastest growing cities in America (2010), and one of the best places for business and careers in America (2010). We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Benefits (health, dental, vision, tuition, etc.) are available with this position.
For more information, check out our home page at http://www.bellevue.edu.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information, provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf, provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.