Bellevue University, the largest, private, non-profit and fastest growing institute of higher education in Nebraska has an immediate opening for a Relationship Manager for our partnership with South Texas College in McAllen, Texas. Responsible for building connections across the campus, the best candidate will thrive exploring and developing outreach and marketing opportunities. This individual will also need to be caring and enjoy guiding students as their degree navigator through the completion of their degree at South Texas College to a degree with Bellevue University.
Based in McAllen, the South Texas College Relationship Manager is the central point of contact for and acts in collaboration with both Bellevue University and the partner college by developing pathways and directing learning initiatives with academic and administrative leadership of both institutions. This applicant will manage relationships at all levels for South Texas College by consulting with the leaders and key influencers' of the partner location as well as the local community to ensure students have the opportunity to meet their long-term learning objectives. By utilizing their experience, leveraging their contacts with both institutions and employing pertinent research, the Relationship Manager will provide the necessary expertise and planning to ensure successful operations at their partner location by meeting or exceeding enrollment objectives.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive and unique annual strategic business plan customized to the particular needs of the students, faculty and staff of the partnership location.
- Ensures awareness of all elements of the Memorandum of Understanding are understood and achieved.
- Establishes effective marketing efforts, outreach opportunities and relationship management strategies for the location and market.
- Identifies and conducts proactive activities to realize increased interest in Bellevue University and partner location educational programs.
- Maintains current understanding of industry trends and developments that affect the market and partner location.
- Establishes and maintains contacts at all levels of the partner organization to deepen the cooperative relationship that develops new avenues for enrollment.
- Uses effective communication channels at the partner organization and the surrounding community to increase brand awareness and to cultivate interest.
- Manages all student, faculty and staff interactions in BRUIN and Salesforce systems.
- Consistently monitors the progress of the strategic business plan throughout the year, exercising sound judgment to adjust as necessary to achieve stated objectives.
- Establishes appropriate office hours and ensures all business operations are fulfilled.
- Craft and implement/refine an approach to generate referrals on a consistent basis regarding potential students.
- Establishes, maintains, and participates in appropriate memberships in local organizations like Chamber of Commerce, Education Committees, etc.
- Professional development: Mentoring, One-on-One, Team/CI Calls, Training.
- Develops/delivers presentations to students, faculty and staff in a professional and effective manner.
- Creates effective tailored presentations to key academic and administrative leaders at the partner location that results in realizing a collaborative, innovative and supportive environment.
- Schedules appointments on a regular basis to cultivate and maintain relationships with faculty that generate invitations to speak with their students.
- Delivers numerous classroom presentations that are both informational and inspirational to the student audience in order to spur interest in degree obtainment.
- Expands reach at partner location through other appropriate outreach and networking efforts in order to realize new student inquiries and applications.
- Uses proven student centric communication and servicing techniques that aids the student in completion of enrollment process for University programs.
- Provides knowledgeable assistance in developing an educational plan for prospective students.
- Works directly with students to obtain all necessary paperwork to ensure student’s file is in order and manages enrollment process to completion.
- Engages with other university departments to bring to resolution any student questions or concerns as enrollment process is finalized.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible recruiting or sales experience, preferably in an educational field environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish required.
- Driving is an essential function of this position. Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and be insurable under BU’s insurance policy.
- Demonstrated strengths in customer service, interpersonal communication, conflict resolution and organizational skills.
- Effective professional presentation skills.
- Must be goal oriented and results driven.
- Maturity of judgment; ability to balance multiple priorities; resolve problems or issues with undue delay – realizing impact to the student, the partner or the University.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly; listen and communicate effectively.
- Flexibility and adaptability to perform in a changing work environment.
- Commitment to modeling ethical behavior and compliance with University practices.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding student files and information.
- Ability to work independently and exhibit an entrepreneurial approach in your setting.
- Available to work flexible hours to-occasionally-include, evening and some weekends, as required.
- Flexibility to travel to other locations as needed and to BU main campus for training.
Bellevue University, the largest private, non-profit university in Nebraska, is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly one million residents. Forbes has ranked Omaha as the nation’s most affordable place to live (2011), one of the top ten fastest growing cities in America (2010), and one of the best places for business and careers in America (2010). We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Benefits (health, dental, vision, tuition, etc.) are available with this position.
For more information, check out our home page at http://www.bellevue.edu.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information, provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf, provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.