Bellevue University offers quality liberal arts and career-oriented programs at undergraduate and graduate levels to a diverse student body through both in-class and online venues. Our Enterprise Applications Team is currently looking for an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill our Software Engineer Position.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum one (1) year experience developing software applications with Java, C#, and PHP and like languages required.
- Experience with PeopleSoft/Campus Solutions, Salesforce or Blackboard is a plus.
- Experience with PeopleTools, PeopleCode, and PeopleSoft SQR is desirable.
- Experience with Web Services, relational database, SQL and Oracle.
- Experience with Agile Development, Test Driven Development, or related lifecycle methodologies.
- Ability to learn new concepts, adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, presentation, and documentation skills.
“Bellevue University is not offering sponsorship for employment-based visas and is not accepting OPT/CPT for this position at this time. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for employer sponsorship.”
Bellevue University, the largest private, non-profit university in Nebraska, is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly one million residents. Forbes has ranked Omaha as the nation’s most affordable place to live (2011), one of the top ten fastest growing cities in America (2010), and one of the best places for business and careers in America (2010). We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Benefits (health, dental, vision, tuition, etc.) are available with this position.
For more information, check out our home page at http://www.bellevue.edu.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information, provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf, provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.