Job Title: Marketing Assistant
Essential Functions: This position participates in and assists with the ongoing Marketing department activities. This position actively participates in social media, writing for printed materials and the website, and potentially graphic design. The Assistant will work closely with the internal marketing team and will meet with internal constituents to complete project and coordinate tasks. This position also provides general administrative support for the department.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8-5; up to 19.5 hours; flexible schedule.
Candidate Type: Federal Work Study
Overall GPA Requirements: 2.00 for undergrad and 3.00 for graduate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible and accountable for marketing communications work including:
- Complete project work as assigned (for example research, data entry, content contributions).
- Actively participate in representing the University in social media
- Respond to emails, attend meetings, provide project updates as needed
- Compile data as requested.
- Maintain a strict level of confidentiality in the handling of information
- Learn Teamwork Software and work with team to complete tasks.
- Interviewing individuals for marketing testimonials
- Assist with promotional item support
- Assist with email marketing or graphic design support as needed.
- Build positive relationships with and provide high quality customer service to internal contacts.
- Effectively use technology including, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Teamwork (will train).
- Perform other duties and assignments as requested.
- Experience in marketing, customer service, administrative support, or related field preferred.
- Selected candidate must be detail-oriented with excellent problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills along with a strong customer service orientation.
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel required, PowerPoint and/or Access preferred.
- Dependability can be assessed through regular attendance and meeting established business schedule requirements.
- This position requires the ability to maintain strict confidentiality in the handling of student files and information, as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Salary: $9.27 per hour
Bellevue University, the largest private, non-profit university in Nebraska, is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly one million residents. Forbes has ranked Omaha as the nation’s most affordable place to live (2011), one of the top ten fastest growing cities in America (2010), and one of the best places for business and careers in America (2010). We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Benefits (health, dental, vision, tuition, etc.) are available with this position.
For more information, check out our home page at http://www.bellevue.edu.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information, provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf, provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.