Bellevue University offers quality liberal arts and career-oriented programs at undergraduate and graduate levels to a diverse student body through both in-class and online venues. Our IT Infrastructure Operations team is currently looking for an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill our Server Administrator position.
Primary Function: The Server Administrator’s role is to design, install, administer, and optimize company servers, applications and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications and services. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment and applications administered by the Infrastructure Operations team. The Server Administer is also responsible for administer the Office 365 environment and all associated systems and subsystems including, but not restricted to, Azure, Exchange online, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Proofpoint email security gateway and archiving platforms. Where applicable, the Server Administrator will assist in overseeing the physical security, integrity, and safety of the data center/server farm. On-call availability for 7 days on a rotating schedule.
- Develop strategies for client/server implementations; architect the infrastructure required to support those strategies.
- Develop strategies for Office 365/Azure Active Directory/Active Directory/Microsoft Exchange implementations; architect the infrastructure required to support those strategies.
- Act as project lead in the design and review of new server systems, applications, and hardware; conduct capacity planning as needed.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in key process improvements as they relate to the client/server environment.
- Coordinate and collaborate with network engineering, business application, and database administration function to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate servers to meet business demands.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure server security, system security and data security.
- Develops and implements procedures for all aspects of server asset management, including routine maintenance, change control, and OS or application updates.
- Develops and implements procedures for all aspects of Office 365/Azure Active Directory/Active Directory/Microsoft Exchange and email gateway including routine maintenance, change control, and application updates.
- Creates and maintains the service catalog and documentation for all services defined.
- Keeps current all control logs documentation and standard operating procedure documentation.
- Establishes service level agreements with end users for all services offered including connectivity and uptime services.
- Perform file system configuration and management; define and perform server backups and recovery procedures.
- Plan and implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
- Provide Web administration support by overseeing and maintaining Web server functions, such as assuring logging and metrics data are stable.
- Monitor and test system performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
- Create shell scripts as required.
- Manage and maintain enterprise directory services and supporting server infrastructure. Duties include schema update and the creation of custom attributes.
- Define and implement strategies for integrating disparate operating environments.
- Recommend and execute modifications to server environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Develop and maintain training materials and server documentation.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Manages changes to production systems to ensure proper change controls and procedure and documentation updates are completed.
- Keeps apprised of developments in field of expertise to ensure currency and makes recommendations to senior management to improve process.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline required (equivalent years of related work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree).
- Minimum of five years’ equivalent work experience in a senior technical analytical position responsible for managing server environments.
- Advanced knowledge of at least 3 of the following: Active Directory 2012, 2016, 2019, MS Exchange, Office 365, Microsoft Azure, MS IIS and MS Server 2012, 2016 and 2019
- Exceptional abilities at load balancing, clustering, and caching procedures and processes.
- Specific knowledge of Windows Server 20012-2019, platform(s) required, as well as strong working knowledge of SQL and Oracle relational database(s).
- Specific experience with DNS, WINS, DHCP, Radius, Microsoft Exchange 2013 Server, Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Proofpoint email gateway, TRAP and Archiving, and VMware
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware and associated network equipment, including SCSI, RAID, and I/O topology.
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and LAN/WAN network protocols, firewall management, and operating system configuration.
- General knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN or NAS, as well as Active Directory/Global Catalogue/Schema and Group Policy Objects.
- Proven knowledge of systems development life cycle methodologies.
- Detail orientated with strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, required.
- Demonstrated experience with interacting and working effectively with internal and external constituents to provide the highest quality of customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects/tasks simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment, while producing optimal outcomes.
- Flexibility and the ability to operate under stressful, time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Bellevue University, the largest private, non-profit university in Nebraska, is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly one million residents. Forbes has ranked Omaha as the nation’s most affordable place to live (2011), one of the top ten fastest growing cities in America (2010), and one of the best places for business and careers in America (2010). We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Benefits (health, dental, vision, tuition, etc.) are available with this position.
For more information, check out our home page at http://www.bellevue.edu.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information, provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf, provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.