Primary Function: The position is responsible for performing data entry, maintaining the accuracy of academic records.
Core functions (90%)
- Maintains (add, deletes and updates) data in database systems.
- Ensures accuracy of information for use by Academic Advising department.
- Tracks receipt of incoming documents and distribute appropriately; processes outgoing correspondences and documents according to established policies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned (10%)
- Prints and prepares various reports as requested.
- May provide support to other University areas as needed.
- Organize/clean common use areas
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess strong attention to detail, good organizational skills with the ability to ensure accurate work.
- Maturity of judgment under pressure and the ability to identify and resolve problems without delay.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently, but as part of team concept.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft XP and Office software programs, with intermediate skills in Excel and database systems required.
- Protect and maintain confidentiality of student records and personally identifiable information, in accordance with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Works in a normal office environment.
- Frequent use of telephone and email.
- Frequently spends time sitting.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Occasional bending, kneeling, crouching, walking, and other physical activity (50% or more of the time).
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Founded in 1966, Bellevue University is the largest private, non-profit university in Nebraska serving almost 16,000 students annually with more than 57,000 graduates worldwide. The University is a recognized national leader in preparing a diverse population of students for lifelong success with career-relevant knowledge and skills, while making college affordable. Routinely ranked among the nation’s top military-friendly and accessible institutions, the University serves residential students at its main campus in Bellevue, Nebraska, and everywhere online with more than 70 undergraduate and graduate programs uniquely designed for working adults. The University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org).
Bellevue University is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly one million residents. Omaha has been ranked 14th in Most Affordable Places to Live in the US in 2020-21 (US News, 2021), 5th in the nation in Yahoo! Finance’s Best Cities for Young Professionals (Geier, 2020), and in the top ten of Zippia’s The Best Cities to Live and Work in 2020 (Morris, 2020).
For more information, check out our home page at http://www.bellevue.edu.
The Higher Education Opportunity Act requires institutions participating in federally funded financial aid programs to make information about the institution available to the public, current and prospective students, and current and prospective employees. The Bellevue University Consumer Information webpage, found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/consumer-information, provides readily accessible information to help consumers make informed decisions about post-secondary education. Bellevue University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR), found at www.bellevue.edu/student-support/consumer-information/pdfs/annual-safety-report.pdf, provides information about campus crime statistics and institutional security policies and procedures as well as information about student housing fire statistics and fire safety policies. You can obtain a paper copy of these reports from the Bellevue Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.