Omaha Public Schools Foundation Non-Profit/Social Service
Mission Statement Omaha Public Schools Foundation The Omaha Public Schools Foundation enriches students' lives by funding learning experiences that inspire hope, open doors and help st...More about us
Omaha Public Schools Foundation
The Omaha Public Schools Foundation enriches students' lives by funding learning experiences that inspire hope, open doors and help students to achieve their dreams.
To carry out this mission, the Omaha Public Schools Foundation seeks private and corporate contributions and gifts.
The Foundation also develops proposals for projects and programs for presentation to private, corporate and philanthropic organizations for sponsorship and funding.
The Omaha Public Schools Foundation is recognized as a tax exempt organization under Section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code. It is incorporated under Nebraska Law as a nonprofit corporation.
The Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors, all residents of the Omaha Public School District
Did You Know?
- Established in 1984 – The Omaha Board of Education created the Omaha Schools Foundation to enrich the educational experiences for Omaha Public Schools’ students
- The initial “start up” funding for the Foundation was a gift of $1,555.71 from the Omaha Public Schools Instruction Department.
- Luanne Nelson, then Communications Director for OPS, served as Executive Director until 2012.
- Toba Cohen-Dunning served first as Associate Executive Director from 2008 until 2012 when the Board appointed her the new Executive Director.
- In 2017, Joe Lecci, serving as the OPSF Chief Accountant, was appointed to be Associate Executive Director by the OPSF Board.
- Today OPSF provides over $150,000.00 annually in both Community and OPS Teacher Grants.
- OPSF administers scholarships established in the honor of OPS teachers, administrators, students and supported and has awarded over $397,000.00 to OPS graduating seniors.
- OPSF administers Kids Club before and after school child care programs in 42 OPS elementary schools, serving over 5000 students.
- OPSF provides parent-paid Early Childhood Classrooms in select OPS elementary schools throughout the district.
- The nation’s only annual study and ranking of K-12 education foundations -- “Stepping Up: The Nation’s Top K-12 Education Foundations 2017”-- has ranked Omaha Schools Foundation in the Top 10 of the nation's School Foundations for the last 4 years.
Kids Club is a before and after school program administered by the Omaha Schools Foundation for children attending Omaha Public Elementary Schools.
The mission of Kids Club is to provide high quality care for children in a safe nurturing environment. Students are greeted each day by qualified child care specialists who facilitate activities that include arts and crafts, outdoor games, storytelling, music and drama.Students also enjoy "Quiet Time" to read, rest or do homework.
Snacks are served everyday.
3861 Farnam, Omaha, NE 68131 United States