U P Connection Federal Credit Union
U.P. Connection Federal Credit Union is a local, member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative. Federally chartered and regulated, we are governed by a volunteer board of directors elected by its members. Member accounts earn dividends and create a pool of funds for other members to borrow at competitive interest rates. This “people helping people” philosophy enables us to offer a diverse array of low cost financial services to our members.
Originally chartered in 1940 as Omaha U.P. Shop Employees Federal Credit Union, we served only the Union Pacific shop employees. In 1988, with the relocation of the shops to Little Rock, Arkansas, the credit union began providing financial services to the employees of other companies in addition to Union Pacific. Over the years, their numbers grew to include over 200 companies, large and small, commonly referred to as Select Employee Groups or SEGs. In 2002, the name was changed to U.P. Connection Federal Credit Union. In late 2003, the credit union was granted a community charter by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) enabling us to welcome members from a wider area. This community charter is an opportunity for your credit union to grow at a level that will satisfy the ever evolving financial needs of our members.
As in the beginning, our sole purpose is to provide our members with the best possible service while keeping fees low and rates competitive.