Concord Mediation Center, one of six centers in the state approved by Nebraska's Supreme Court's Office of Dispute Resolution, has provided innovative, peaceful alternative conflict resolution processes to both Douglas and Sarpy Counties, since 1999. Concord Mediation Center is committed to providing services regardless of a client’s ability to pay.
The non-profit has offices in Omaha, at 4225 North 90th Street (between Maple and Fort Streets, at Boyd Street) and an office opening in Papillion in November 2017, located at 1223 Golden Gate Drive (upper level).
Mediation is a process in which a neutral third party incorporates skills and techniques to improve the dialogue between two or more parties involved in a conflict. The process provides the participants an opportunity to understand each other’s perspective and to discover creative solutions. Mediation can be used in families, schools, businesses, communities and governments.
Mediation has many benefits. It provides:
- an opportunity for time and cost-efficient resolutions,
- realistic and sustainable decisions;
- empowered parties to maintain active control throughout the process;
- the preservation of ongoing relationships or an amicable separation; and
- mutually satisfactory outcomes.