This workshop is an introduction to Android Development using Android Studio
1) Programming knowledge with either C# or Java.
2) Machine Setup – at base minimum installing Android Studio ahead of time would allow for more learning time.
3) Internet Connectivity is required.
1) Activity Lifecycle
2) Navigation Drawer and Menu setup
3) Recycler View – to display and review data in lists
4) Internet Connectivity and Api calls to fetch weather data.
5) Possibly some Mapping exercise to identify their current location. (bonus if time permits)
6) Discuss Steps to publish apps to Google play store.
7) Discuss gradle files setup and build variants